Thank you for expressing an interest in having your Bahá’i wedding in the Hawaiian Islands. In order to assist you, we highly recommend you visit the Department of Health website about marriages in Hawaii.
Our policy is to obtain the following information before forwarding it to the Local Spiritual Assembly who will be assisting you with your marriage plans.
- Letter of introduction from your National Spiritual Assembly verifying your Bahai status.
- Your full names.
- Confirm the date, time and place of your wedding.
- If your wedding is taking place on the beach you should inquire about whether or not you need to obtain a permit.
- If you are requesting the Local Spiritual Assembly to be the officiant for your wedding or if you have made personal arrangements and having two ceremonies.
- Parental consent from both parents. You can send in a ‘pdf’ or ‘jpg’ format to email@example.com. Please include their phone number/email address in the event we wish to contact them.
- Provide us with the names of the two (2) witnesses that will need to be approved by the Local Spiritual Assembly. You may request that the Local Spiritual Assembly make provision to provide the witnesses.
- If either of you have been previously married, a copy of the divorce decree.
As soon as we receive all of the information, we will then introduce you to the Local Spiritual Assembly in whose jurisdiction it will be taking place.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to call (808) 595-3314 or our fax (808) 442-6448.
With loving greetings,
The Office of the Secretariat